Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Office of Risk Management

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim with the District of Columbia

How to File a Public Sector Workers' Compensation Claim

Welcome to the District of Columbia's Public Sector Workers' Compensation Program (PSWCP). This information is provided to assist injured employees, supervisors, and agency staff when filing a workers' compensation incident or claim.

Reporting an incident is the first step in the Workers' Compensation claim process. An incident can be filed by the injured employee, injured employee's representative or the injured employee's supervisor. An incident gives PSWCP the necessary information to potentially make an incident into a claim and helps the Program understand potential hazards employees face. 

If an employee is injured while working for the District of Columbia, there are two ways to report an incident:

(1) Electronically:, this website explains the system and will allow you to report the incident into ERisk, our web-based claims management system;

(2) By Phone: call (202) 442-HELP(4357), a representative will assist you in filling out the necessary information. Phone assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Once all the required incident information is submitted, the system or a representative taking the information through the Program's HELP line, (202) 442-HELP(4357), will ask if the injured employee would like to file a wokrers' compensation claim. Filing a claim should be requested when either medical treatment or lost wages occur. 

After filing an incident, you will receive an email confirmation with further instructions. In the event you need to file a claim for medical care or lost time benefits your manager/supervisor and your agency's workers' compensation coordinator will have further questions and required additional supporting documentation. The PSWCP is committed to ensuring you receive outstanding customer service for your workers' compensation needs.

If you have an questions or need assistance with filing a claim, please do not hesitate to call the Public Sector Workers' Compensation Program directly at (202) 442-HELP(4357). For further information about the Office of Risk Management and the PSWCP please visit our website at: or call (202) 727-8600.